Welcome one and welcome all to our annual, PSN Eagles bold predictions: Free Agency Edition! The guys all got together to give you what we believe will happen this week as free agency begins! We’ve got you covered from top to bottom, from the big splashes to the diamond in the rough! Buckle up and let’s have some fun!
The first move I believe they make is locking down Marcus Williams. He’s 25 years old and a stud at the safety position. He’s played a majority of his snaps as a natural safety while playing less than 10% of the time in the box which Is kinda what Gannon wants but somehow I believe they make this worm.
A big splash to me will be the wide receiver position. Allen Robinson will be an Eagle. It makes all of the sense in the world. Allen Robinson will thrive next to DeVonta Smith. He’ll also help the arm talent of Jalen Hurts as Allen Robinson still has plenty in the tank to go up and grab the ball out of mid-air.
An under-the-radar move to me will be what they do at the cornerback position. They want to go young but what’s better than a young player with experience? Nothing. This is why I think the Eagles need to go after Rasul Douglas and bring him back home. Allow him to shine in this new scheme as he did in Green Bay.
1) Allen Robinson signs 3-year deal
2) Zach Pascal signs 4-year deal
3) Miles Sanders traded
4) Xavier Rhodes signs 2-year deal
5) JJAW cut, Reagor traded
Jordan Hicks comes home
The Eagles need linebacking help and the fact Jordan Hicks has been released simply due to the fact Arizona wants to lean on their draft capital instead should open up the road to return to Philadelphia as the veteran that this young group clearly needs.
Allen Robinson signs with the Eagles
Robinson is probably the perfect free-agent fit for Phlly. Coming off of a down-year that can be largely attributed to a QB carousel in Chicago, Robinson ticks every box that Howie could possibly want, and will come at a discount as a result.
Eagles make a tough decision
The Eagles have a tricky decision to make in the secondary. Rodney McLeod has been around the team since 2016 but has a worrying injury history and is reaching the tail end of his career. Meanwhile, Anthony Harris joined last year and was by far the better player for Gannon’s scheme due to the overlap in Minnesota.
Both players are now free agents, and it makes sense for the Birds to build for the future. That unfortunately means bringing back the best player and saying goodbye to a vocal leader on the defense in Rodney McLeod. It will be the toughrest
Pierre Baptiste Jr
Bold Prediction: Philadelphia signs two legit starters at LB. No more Corey Nelson’s or Jatavis Brown’s.
I think the Eagles will be more aggressive on defense than on offense. Justin Reid seems like the name that makes the most sense at safety, and I’m not closing the door on a Rodney McLeod return. I also expect a veteran pass rusher, possibly Calais Campbell, who comes in to do what Ryan Kerrigan was supposed to do. As much I would like to see Allen Robinson, I think they’ll be more conservative on offense. Zach Pascal makes so much sense because of his connection to Nick Sirianni, and I expect him in Philadelphia next year.
Eagles ship Gardner Minshew and the 2022 16th-overall pick to the Pittsburgh Steelers for Chase Claypool.
Philadelphia has the luxury of shedding some draft capital if need be, and Claypool makes a lot of sense. The Eagles immediately address an issue at wideout with a relatively proven commodity and walk away with plenty of picks left to spoil.
With a cap hit of just $3.9MM over the next two years, the Eagles get at least two cheap seasons to pair Claypool with DeVonta Smith. Philly could do a lot worse.
You’d need to twist the Steeler’s arm to make this happen, but it’s certainly not like Pittsburgh’s getting the short end of the stick. They add a young, capable quarterback who has shown he can start in the league while tacking on an additional mid-first rounder to rebuild an aging core. Everybody wins.
Bucky Filapelli Offseason Prediction
Top free-agent Acquisitions:
- Eagles sign Safety, Justin Reid to a 4 year $25 million deal
- Eagles need extra help at Safety and while there are certainly better players, Reid is no slouch and is a better fit.
- Eagles sign Safety, Rodney McLeod to a 1 year $5 million deal
- No way Philadelphia will let McLeod walk. He’s a staple of the team and the Eagles will try to bring him back.
- Eagles sign LB, Jordan Hicks to a 2 year, $12 million deal
- Eagles fill their LB hole with the best one they’ve drafted in decades. No brainer either as Hicks would be cheaper than De’Vondre Campbell
- Eagles sign WR, JuJu Smith-Schuster to a 3 year, $30 million deal
- Eagles need a #2 receiver and after missing out on a few trades, they overpay JuJu for the deal. Still, he’s cheaper than any other free agent option
- Eagles sign OLB/Edge Hason Reddick to 4 years, $68 million
- Eagles get another edge rusher in Reddick and transition him to a pure pass rusher.
- Eagles trade LT, Andre Dillard to Cincinnati Bengals for 2022 2nd round pick
- Eagles trade WR Jalen Reagor to Miami Dolphins for 2022 5th round pick
- Eagles trade DT Fletcher Cox to Indianapolis Colts for 2022 3rd and 2023 4th round pick
- Eagles trade 16th overall pick to Pittsburgh for 2023 1st round pick and 2022 3rd round pick
- Eagles trade 2022 2nd round pick (Own), 2022 3rd (Colts), 2022 3rd (Steelers) to Detroit Lions 32ndoverall pick
Photo by Robin Alam/Icon Sportswire