After another dismal offensive performance, the 3-7-1 Eagles travel to Lambeau Field to see if their team can warm up. It’s going to be 37 degrees.
As always, let’s see how the Packers have done last year, this year, and their moves:
- Yards per game: 345.5 (18th)
- Passing yards per game: 233.3 (17th)
- Rushing yards per game: 112.2 (15th)
- Points per game: 23.5 (15th)
- Yards allowed per game: 352.6 (18th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 232.6 (14th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 120.1 (23rd)
- Points allowed per game: 19.6 (9th)
- Turnover differential: +12 (T-3rd)
- Yards per game: 392.9 (4th)
- Passing yards per game: 271.0 (6th)
- Rushing yards per game: 121.9 (10th)
- Points per game: 31.7 (1st)
- Yards allowed per game: 344.8 (13th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 230.5 (15th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 114.4 (14th)
- Points allowed per game: 25.7 (19th)
- Turnover differential: +3 (T-8th)
Uhhh.. drafting RB A.J. Dillon? (For real, they addressed the WR corps by signing Devin Funchess, who opted out), LB Christian Kirksey (free agency), DT Treyvon Hester (free agency), WR Tavon Austin (free agency – 12/1)
TE Jimmy Graham (released), T Bryan Bulaga (free agency), LB Blake Martinez (free agency)
Let’s have Stephen A. Smith introduce the next portion of the article
You heard him.
Remember when the Packers drafted a QB in the first round? Think that hurt Rodgers’ feelings?
If it did, he’s not showing it.
Rodgers is currently on pace for 4,509 yards, 48 TDs, 6 INTs, and only getting sacked 16 times. Here are where those would rank in his career:
- Yards: 2nd
- TDs: Most
- INTs: 4th fewest when playing 16 games
- Sacks: fewest
For perspective, Carson Wentz was sacked 16 times by week 5.
He’s on a mission this year.
Run, Miles, Run
Well.. he probably won’t.
Notable running backs vs the Packers this season:
- Dalvin Cook: (game one) 12 rush 50 yards 2 TD [GB win], (game two) 30 rush 163 yards 3 TD [loss]
- Alvin Kamara: 6 rush 58 yards, 13 rec 139 yards 2 TD [win]
- Ronald Jones II: 23 rush 113 yards 2 TD [loss]
- James Robinson: 23 rush 109 yards [win]
- Jonathan Taylor: 22 rush 90 yards [loss]
- David Montgomery: 11 rush 103 yards [win]
Those running backs combined for 104 rushes for 686 yards and 7 TDs.
Miles Sanders has only played in 8 of 11 games this season, but he’s still 16th in the league in rushing with 600, and is second to Nick Chubb in YPC among RBs with 100 or more attempts.
However, how the hell is Doug using Miles?
Of his 108 attempts, 65 have come in the first half, an average of 8.125. In the second half, he has 43 attempts, an average of 5.375.
As you saw in the stats above, it’s imperative that Doug utilizes Miles Sanders more.
The Packers also give up the most receiving yards to running backs, and giving up an average of 6.18 receptions (3rd most) for 54.6 yards (most) to the position.
What does this mean?
We’ll see 8 rushes for Sanders, 4 for the return of Jordan Howard, and a lot of Greg Ward targets.
For history and predictions, check out the next page.
Photo by Bob Kupbens/Icon Sportswire