The Eagles and Rams have met each other 39 times in the regular season and three times in the post-season. The Eagles are 21-17-1 in the regular season and 1-2 in the post-season, with the one win coming in the 1949 NFL Championship game. The Eagles are on six-game win streak vs the Rams, with their last loss coming in 2004.
I don’t want to say this is a must-win game, but I’m leaning towards it. If they go down 0-2, it will be tough treading to get to the playoffs. The Eagles need to start out strong in the first half as they did against Washington, but continue to stick to that game plan as the game goes on. The return of Miles Sanders surely will help. I expect Doug to make the necessary adjustments to help the Eagles get a win at home. Eagles win 20-17.
- Wentz: 22/30 230 yards 2 TD
- Sanders: 12 rush 56 yards
- Ertz: 9 catches 80 yards 1 TD
- Goedert: 6 catches 50 yards 1 TD
- Nickell Robey-Coleman: 1 INT and 1 sack
Last week’s predictions (with how bad I got it wrong in parenthesis):
- Carson Wentz: 27/40 290 yards 2 TD (24/42 270 2 TD 2 INT)
- Miles Sanders: 20 rush 105 yards 1 TD (lol didn’t play)
- DeSean Jackson: 4 rec 90 yards 1 TD (lol barely played – 2 rec 46 yards)
- Zach Ertz: 9 rec 100 yards 1 TD (can we count this for Goedert? – 3 rec 18 yards)
- Darius Slay: 1 INT (nope, BUT WE HAVE AN ELITE CB!!!)
- Fletcher Cox: 1 Sack (lol)
- K’Von Wallace: 1 Sack (no *sad face*)
Photo by Mark Alberti/Icon Sportswire