Monday Night Football is fast approaching leaving every Eagles fan in a whirlwind of excitement. Here are some stats you can tell impress your friends with in the build up to the game.
- The two teams have played a total of 31 times, with the Eagles being the winningest side, claiming 17 wins compared to the Falcons 13.
- If the Eagles win at the Georgia Dome on Monday, it will be their first win at the arena since 2009.
- A passing touchdown on Monday night would mark Sam Bradford’s 60th career touchdown.
- Matt Ryan appeared in all four pre-season games yet threw three more passes than Bradford. The Eagles Quarterback had 14% more completions in pre-season.
- Last year, the Eagles allowed 264.9 yards per game finishing 31st in the NFL..the only team who were worse? Atlanta with 279.9. The Eagles have completely revamped their secondary whereas the Falcons have started a process with the right ideas but minus the right parts.
- The Eagles had 49 sacks last season 3rd in the NFL. But with Barwin leading the NFC in sacks and now being joined by Kiko Alonso, that number is almost certain to rocket. Alonso is chasing his fifth career interception and 160th combined tackle.
- Falcons Quarterback Matt Ryan is coming off a fourth straight 4,000-yard season. Sam Bradford’s last full season saw him throw 3,700. This game has the potential to become a shootout.
- Nelson Agholor is 0.03 seconds slower than Julio in a 40 yard dash. A promising sign for a rookie who is already showing resemblances to one of the leagues elite. In 2010, Jones had 1,133 receiving yards for Alabama whilst Agholor received for 1,113 for USC scoring five more touchdowns in the process..
- The Eagles have drafted a total of 17 players in the last four rounds of the draft since 2012. Only two of those are on this years 53 man roster, Taylor Hart and Beau Allen.