The Philadelphia 76ers have had a rocky season so far. Derailed by COVID-19 concerns, it’s no secret that depth is going to be key for the any team, as we’ve seen with the Sixers. Where does some of that depth come from, you may ask?
The Delaware Blue Coats.
The G-League has announced that they are going to be playing in an Orlando bubble starting in February. In preparation for the start of their season, the Blue Coats released their final roster.
Sixers’ Two Way Players
Each team can designate two players to be two-way players, who are guys who can play a maximum of 50 games for the big league roster. These players have been on the Sixers’ roster already, each making their own impact due to the forced increase playing time.
Paul Reed, the 58th overall pick in this year’s draft, has made made his presence known for the Sixers already. He’s averaged 16 minutes in three games, averaging just under five points and three boards.
The other two-way player is Dakota Mathias. Mathias, who was signed in the offseason, hit a huge three in the win over the Heat on Tuesday night. He’s averaging seven points in his seven games so far. He and Reed will be huge additions to the Blue Coats whenever they play for them.
Any future Sixers?
- Jared Brownridge
- Michael Frazier II
- Ivan Rabb
- Justin Robinson
- Brandon Sampson
- Julian Washburn.
Per the Blue Coats PR department, the following moves were made this offseason:
Blue Coats’ Draft
- Jemerrio Jones (via Wisconsin) with the first pick of the second round (No. 18 overall)
- Rookie Braxton Key with the fourth pick in the third round (No. 25 overall).
- Blue Coats received a 2021 third-round pick (Braxton Key) from the Agua Caliente Clippers in exchange for the returning rights to Xavier Johnson.
- Delaware received a 2021 second-round pick (Jemerrio Jones) and the returning rights to Brandon Sampson from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in exchange for the No. 12 overall pick in the 2021 NBA G League Draft (Jarron Cumberland).
- The Blue Coats also received the returning rights to Ivan Rabb and a second-round pick in next season’s draft from the Westchester Knicks in exchange for Delaware’s own first-round pick in next season’s draft.
Overall, the Blue Coats have a really solid roster. They did lose pure scorer Marial Shayok, Zhaire Smith, former Sixer Jonah Bolden, and insane rebounder Christ Koumadje. However, their newest additions fill the roster with scorers, which will make this team fun to watch. Even though they’re in the bubble, look for some of their games to be streamed on Twitch again this season.
Mandatory Photo Credit: Alex McIntyre