Week 14 – New Orleans Saints
I wonder how many whiny tweets we’ll see from Michael Thomas from now until this game.
- Yards per game: 373.9 (9th)
- Passing yards per game: 256.3 (7th)
- Rushing yards per game: 108.6 (16th)
- Points per game: 28.6 (T-3)
- Yards allowed per game: 333.1 (11th)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 241.8 (20th)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 91.3 (4th)
- Points allowed per game: 21.3 (14th)
- Turnover differential: +15 (2nd)
WR Emmanuel Sanders (free agency), S Malcolm Jenkins (free agency), S D.J. Swearinger (free agency), QB Jameis Winston (free agency), C/G Cesar Ruiz (draft)
QB Teddy Bridgewater (free agency), G Larry Warford (released), S Vonn Bell (free agency), CB Eli Apple (free agency)
The Saints lost a Pro Bowler at RG and replaced him with a great prospect in Ruiz. They added offense with Sanders, and veteran leadership in the secondary with old friend Malcolm Jenkins.
The Saints have owned the Eagles lately, and I do not see this trend ending here. Second loss in a row for the Eagles.
Week 15 – Arizona Cardinals
December in Pheonix?! What a great game to go to… wait…
- Yards per game: 341.7 (21st)
- Passing yards per game: 217.3 (24th)
- Rushing yards per game: 124.4 (10th)
- Points per game: 22.6 (T-16th)
- Yards allowed per game: 402.0 (32nd)
- Passing yards allowed per game: 281.9 (31st)
- Rushing yards allowed per game: 120.1 (T-23rd)
- Points allowed per game: 27.6 (28th)
- Turnover differential: -1 (T-17th)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (trade), LB De’Vondre Campbell (free agency), LB Devon Kennard (free agency), LB/S/CB/Everything Isaiah Simmons (draft)
RB David Johnson (trade)
Is there another team with higher expectations than the Cardinals? Maybe the Buccaneers.
Kyler Murray, Larry Fitzgerald, Kenyan Drake, DeAndre Hopkins. That is an explosive offense. However, the offensive line is still in shambles and Isaiah Simmons cannot be at every defensive position at once (although he’ll try).
Murray will have a great game, but his defense will fail him. The Eagles snap their two game skid.
Week 16 – Dallas Cowboys
The Eagles have another week 16 showdown with the Cowboys. I thouroughly believe that the Cowboys will be one game behind the Eagles at this point, making this a must win for them. If the Eagles win, they win the division. If the Cowboys win, it sets up a win and “hope the Eagles lose in week 17” situation.
The Cowboys are home, desperate, and win this game.
Week 17 – Washington Football Team
The Eagles were hoping to be resting their starters in this game but find themselves in a crucial must win game to claim the division.
The WFT could very well be deploying Kyle Allen if Ron Rivera lost faith hin Haskins. They could still be deploying Haskins so they have a better shot at Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Regardless, the Eagles win handedly and clinch the division.
“Fourth Quarter” record: 2-2
Overall record: 11-5
What’s your season prediction? Let me know @Infante54!
Photo by Andy Lewis/Icon Sportswire