It’s Super Bowl Sunday and unfortunately for Eagles fans, Philadelphia won’t be competing for a Lombardi Trophy this time around. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t have some fun during what promises to be a thrilling matchup. So, I’ve taken the time to devise the ultimate Eagles-related drinking game.
Before we get started, you might want to get a list of former Eagles playing in the Super Bowl. Don’t fret, Bleeding Green Nation have one right here. Keep it beside you at all times.
Take a sip every time…
– A former Eagle records a stat. So a reception, tackle, rushing attempt etc. BUT every time you MISS a former Eagles player doing the thing, a friend can call you out and go to a booth review. If the challenge is correct, down your drink.
– You hear the words ‘Now here’s a guy’.
– Every time Andy Reid’s last Super Bowl appearance is mentioned.
– Every time Nick Foles or Doug Pederson are mentioned.
– You spot an Eagles jersey in the crowd.
– you see a close-up of Andy Reid chewing gum
– Every time you mention the word ‘Eagles‘…so get creative.
Down your drink if…
– A former Eagle scores a touchdown.
– The Philly Special is shown on TV.
– You sing the fight song
– You reference the Eagles’ Super Bowl 52 entrance
– Any kind of Wentz vs Foles conversation emerges. And leave the room. And stare at a wall. And think about what you’ve done.
– Andy Reid throws a challenge flag.
– You’re caught opening up a dating app during the game. Tonight is for football, not feelings.
– You miss a key moment during a toilet break. Shame on you.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday Eagles fans, and happy drinking!
Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports