The Eagles and Patriots have faced each other 12 times in the regular season and twice in the postseason. The Eagles lead the season series 7-5, with their last win coming in 2015. The last time the Patriots beat the Eagles in the regular season was in 2011. The teams have split their two postseason meetings. The Patriots beat the Eagles in Super Bowl 39, while the Eagles beat the Patriots in Super Bowl 52.
The Eagles and Patriots are both coming off a bye week. The Eagles are 1-2 in the Pederson era in games played after the bye week, while the Patriots are 14-5 under Bill Belichick and 13-4 with Brady as the starting quarterback.
This game is one of two straight extremely important (although every game is important) home games for the Eagles, with the next one coming against Seattle. Brady has already stated this week that he hasn’t gotten over the Super Bowl loss against the Eagles, so this game brings added motivation for the six time Super Bowl champion. However, with it being in Philadelphia and Eagles faithful roaring in the stands, look for the crowd to be a huge key in this game. Howard and company run all over the Patriots in a 34-27 win.
- Wentz: 18/23 200 yards 2 touchdowns
- Howard: 16 rushes 71 yards 1 touchdown
- Sanders: 12 rushes 56 yards 1 touchdown
- Elliot: 2 FG over 50 yards
- Arcega-Whiteside: 5 catches 60 yards 1 touchdown
- Ertz: 4 catches 50 yards 1 touchdown
- Avery: 1 sack
- Graham: Strip sack (for the memories)
Last game’s predictions (with actual stats in parenthesis):
- Wentz: 21/27 240 yards 1 touchdown (26/39 240 1 TD)
- Howard: 16 rushes 110 yards 2 touchdowns (19 rushes 82 yards 1 touchdown)
- Sanders: 10 rushes 49 yards, 4 receptions 52 yards (10 rushes 42 yards, 3 receptions 31 yards)
- Jeffery: 5 receptions 70 yards (4 receptions 36 yards)
- Jackson: 3 receptions 80 yards 1 touchdown (oops)
- Ertz: 3 receptions 30 yards (9 receptions 103 yards)
- Avery: sack (half sack)
- Graham: sack (yes)
- Cox: sack (no)
- McLeod: INT (no)
- Jenkins: INT (no)
Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports