The all-time series versus the Packers isn’t pretty for the Eagles. The Packers lead the season series 26-14, BUT the Eagles lead the playoff series 2-1. One of those wins being the the NFL Championship in 1960 over Vince Lombardi’s Packers. Boom!
This is a must win game for the Eagles. They are staring a 1-3 record in the face and need to keep pace with the Dallas Cowboys in the division. Alshon Jeffery will play in the game and he provides a major boost to the offense. However, as previously stated, this game needs to be won in the ground game. I expect Jordan Howard to be used early and often and Miles Sanders to have a great game as the change of pace. Eagles win a close one 21-17.
Stat line predictions:
- Wentz: 22/33 215 yards
- Howard: 12 rushes for 60 yards with one touchdown
- Sanders: 10 rushes for 47 yards with one touchdown
- Sproles: 40 total yards with one rushing touchdown. Moves into fifth place on all time all purpose yards list.
- Cox: sack
- Barnett: two sacks
Last week’s predictions (actual stats in parenthesis):
- Wentz: 28/35 315 yards, 2 touchdowns (19/36 259 yards, 2 touchdowns)
- Howard: 15 rushes for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns (11 rushes for 37 yards, one touchdown)
- Sanders: 10 rushes for 58 yards, receiving touchdown (13 rushes for 53 yards)
- Sproles: 5 rushes for 30 yards, 3 receptions for 15 yards. **Moves into top five all time for all purpose yards” (4 total yards)
- Ertz: Red zone TD (no)
- Darby: INT (lol no)
- Douglas: INT (no)
Mandatory Credit: Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports