CLAUDE GIROUX – SEAN COUTURIER – TRAVIS KONECNY
MICHAEL RAFFL – VALTERRI FILPPULA – JAKUB VORACEK
JORDAN WEAL – NOLAN PATRICK – WAYNE SIMMONDS
TYRELL GOULBOURNE – SCOTT LAUGHTON – JORI LEHTERA
IVAN PROVOROV – SHAYNE GOSTISBEHERE
ROBERT HAGG – ANDREW MACDONALD
BRANDON MANNING – RADKO GUDAS
New Jersey Devils
TAYLOR HALL – NICO HISCHIER – JESPER BRATT
MARCUS JOHANSSON – TRAVIS ZAJAC – DREW STAFFORD
MILES WOOD – PAVEL ZACHA – KYLE PALMIERI
BRIAN GIBBONS – BRIAN BOYLE – STEFAN NOESEN
ANDY GREENE – SAMI VATANEN
JOHN MOORE – DAMON SEVERSON
WILL BUTCHER – BEN LOVEJOY
1st Period Notes:
– Just over 3 minutes into the first, Travis Konecny rips a shot home off a beauty cross ice pass from Gostisibehere. Flyers are buzzing early.
– Filppula scores at 8:30 of the first. Received a nice chip pass from below the goal line from Raffl.
– Provorov jams home a rebound in the crease after Konecny dances are multiple Devils players at the hash marks and puts a shot on net. Konecny has looked fantastic of late and the same is true of this game.
– Kinkaid is injured on the Provorov goal and leaves the ice. Appleby comes on to relieve him and also to make his NHL debut. He faces the first 3 shots of his NHL career in rapid succession as he allows to rebounds off a Wayne Simmonds shot before covering up. Flyers continue to own this first period.
– Raffl bumps into Appleby behind the Devils net and Moore takes issue with it. They drop the gloves and trade a few punches before Moore hits the ice.
– Laughton is called for a trip with 2:24 left in the 1st. Devils PP.
– Palmieri is called for a boarding penalty with 45 seconds remaining in the period. Flyers get their man back and will start the 2nd on a PP.
– Period ends 3-0.
(3:29) PHI: Konecny (Gostisbehere, Laughton)
(8:30) PHI: Filppula (Raffl, Gudas)
(12:15) PHI: Provorov (Konecny, Giroux)
(16:28) NJD: Moore (Fighting)
(16:28) PHI: Raffl (Fighting)
(17:36) PHI: Laughton (Tripping)
(19:15) NJD: Palmieri (Boarding)
2nd Period Notes:
– NJD kill the penalty and it’s back to even strength. Manning is called for a Roughing penalty against Noesen, probably should’ve been a call for each side.
– Philadelphia kills the PP but Laughton is called right after for a High Stick. Bratt scores on the PP as his scores goes off the pad of Neuvirth. He almost had that one.
– Palmieri is called for delay of game after he fires the puck over the glass behind the Flyers bench. The Flyers get decent pressure but can’t find the back of the net.
– Hall is called for a high stick just a minute after Palmieri’s penalty ended. Flyers still can’t find twine though and the game goes back to even strength.
– Appleby has been phenomenal since he entered this game. Philadelphia has had plenty of quality chances since then but he’s been up to the task.
– Zajac is called for roughing with 31 seconds left in the period. The Flyers will start the period on the PP.
(8:12) NJD: Bratt (Butcher, Hall)
(4:35) PHI: Manning (Roughing)
(6:41) PHI: Laughton (High-Sticking)
(8:55) NJD: Palmieri (Delay of Game)
(12:23) NJD: Hall (High-Sticking)
(19:29) NJD Zajac (Hooking)
PHI 11 (24)
NJD 14 (19)
3rd Period Notes:
– Flyers PP ends, they continue to struggle tonight with the man advantage.
– Konecny is called for weak Tripping penalty. Flyers back on the PK but they manage to kill it off.
– Flyers kill the penalty and are doing a good job of limiting the Devils scoring chances this period. Just want to left with 2 points.
– Devils really applying pressure in the last 10 minutes of the period.
– Devils pull Kincaid but can’t make anything happen. Flyers win it 3-1.
(3:59) PHI: Konecny (Tripping)
PHI 7 (31)
NJD 10 (29)
FINAL: PHILADELPHIA 3-1
Mandatory Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports